Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crowtales 2010: 4-9 of 52 - Legion of Everblight




Privateer Press: Legion of Everblight Battlebox

Decided to try a different approach on these. I'm doing them in a quick style so as to be able to just knock them out fast. I'd seen some pics of a few drybrushed models that were just fantastic, and it had notes on how he'd done them. I decided to try it out as the principle painting technique on these. Thus, they are primered with Duplicolor white, given a single basecoat, the teal portions are then washed with a teal ink. Then I drybrushed up from teal to white.

Turned out to be slightly more work than I thought, and I originally didn't think I'd use any washes, but that quickly got changed. Overall though, I like them and they are different from all my other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment